I hope you are well.
Vaccination continues at a rapid pace, and, next week, it is anticipated that all adults in Florida will be eligible to receive the vaccine. Due to the more contagious B.1.1.7 variant, the decline in new cases has leveled off, but, deaths in Florida remain at a very low level. This is most likely because most of the new cases are in younger individuals who are less likely to develop severe disease. Hospital numbers locally also remain low and 75% of Americans over 65 have received at least one dose of a vaccine.
Below are the options for vaccines available to adults:
- Walmart and Sam’s Club – www.walmart.com/COVIDvaccine and www.samsclub.com/covid (sites also in Lee County). Availability pending; visit websites to sign up for free guest accounts if needed and check for upcoming registrations.
- Winn-Dixie – www.winndixie.com/pharmacy/covid-vaccine. Collier location booked for first day, potential availability at other sites. Check website for details and future appointment notices.
- CVS – https://myvaccine.fl.gov/
- Walgreen’s – https://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/covid-vaccine.jsp
- Publix – Register at https://www.publix.com/covid-vaccine
Other Vaccine Resources
Homebound seniors: Email Homeboundvaccine@em.myflorida.com with your full name and phone number, the Florida Division of Emergency Management will send someone to the home to give the vaccine.
Marco Island Vaccine Distribution: Full time and seasonal residents of Marco Island who are 65 and older can pre-register at any time by visiting marcoisland.typeform.com/to/dHSgaQze.
Florida State vaccine website link: https://myvaccine.fl.gov/
Collier County Appointments: Registration links
By phone: 1-866-201-4885
East Coast of Florida: There are available times at the Hard Rock Casino or the Florida Marlins Stadium periodically. You will need to call 786-629-5752 to make the appointment.
Veterans may call the following number for vaccination: 1-727-395-2400
Testing sites in Collier County include: Advanced Medical Center (239-566-7676), Vava Clinic (239-331-8520), the Health Department (239-252-8200), EPN Urgent Care (239-775-2300), CVS (239-261-6444 and 239-775-5450), the VA Clinic (239-659-9188) and Pebblebrook Pharmacy (239-353-0800).
Updated NCH COVID information page: https://nchmd.org/news-and-events/newsroom/coronavirus
Paul Jones MD