I hope you are well.
The vaccines appear to be working; however, the decline in the number of new cases has leveled off in Florida and in Collier County. In addition, please remember that the CDC has recommended that people who are fully vaccinated may gather in small groups without masks. So, please continue to practice mask wearing, social distancing and hand washing even if you are fully vaccinated. There are now 28 patients in NCH with COVID.
Below are the options for vaccines available to those of you 50 and over:
- Walmart and Sam’s Club – www.walmart.com/COVIDvaccine and www.samsclub.com/covid (sites also in Lee County). Availability pending; visit websites to sign up for free guest accounts if needed and check for upcoming registrations.
- Winn-Dixie – www.winndixie.com/pharmacy/covid-vaccine. Collier location booked for first day, potential availability at other sites. Check website for details and future appointment notices.
- CVS – https://www.cvs.com/vaccine/intake/store/covid-screener/covid-qns
- Walgreen’s – https://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/covid-vaccine.jsp
- Publix – Register at https://www.publix.com/covid-vaccine
Other Vaccine Resources
Homebound seniors: Email Homeboundvaccine@em.myflorida.com with your full name and phone number, the Florida Division of Emergency Management will send someone to the home to give the vaccine.
Marco Island Vaccine Distribution: Full time and seasonal residents of Marco Island who are 65 and older can pre-register at any time by visiting marcoisland.typeform.com/to/dHSgaQze.
Florida State vaccine website link: https://myvaccine.fl.gov/
Collier County Appointments: Registration links
By phone: 1-866-201-4885
East Coast of Florida: There are available times at the Hard Rock Casino or the Florida Marlins Stadium periodically. You will need to call 786-629-5752 to make the appointment.
Veterans may call the following number for vaccination: 1-727-395-2400
Testing sites in Collier County include: Advanced Medical Center (239-566-7676), Vava Clinic (239-331-8520), the Health Department (239-252-8200), EPN Urgent Care (239-775-2300), CVS (239-261-6444 and 239-775-5450), the VA Clinic (239-659-9188) and Pebblebrook Pharmacy (239-353-0800).
Updated NCH COVID information page: https://nchmd.org/news-and-events/newsroom/coronavirus
Paul Jones MD