I hope you are well.
The vaccination campaign is in full swing and about 2 million shots are being given daily. This is the primary way we will end the pandemic and, it is working! I know many of you may have questions about the vaccine and I have included an attachment of vaccine myths. Please feel free to share it.
Tracking corona virus vaccination rates: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/world/covid-vaccinations-tracker.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20210311&instance_id=27987&nl=the-morning®i_id=120495762&segment_id=53295&te=1&user_id=4aec2bcb30acb453cf90f5a5e5158e3d
Below are the options for vaccines available to those of you 60 and over:
- Walmart and Sam’s Club – www.walmart.com/COVIDvaccine and www.samsclub.com/covid (sites also in Lee County). Availability pending; visit websites to sign up for free guest accounts if needed and check for upcoming registrations.
- Winn-Dixie – www.winndixie.com/pharmacy/covid-vaccine. Collier location booked for first day, potential availability at other sites. Check website for details and future appointment notices.
- CVS – https://www.cvs.com/vaccine/intake/store/covid-screener/covid-qns
- Walgreen’s – https://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/covid-vaccine.jsp
- Publix – Register at https://www.publix.com/covid-vaccine
Other Vaccine Resources
Marco Island Vaccine Distribution: Full time and seasonal residents of Marco Island who are 65 and older can pre-register at any time by visiting marcoisland.typeform.com/to/dHSgaQze.
Florida State vaccine website link: https://myvaccine.fl.gov/
Collier County Appointments: Registration links
By phone: 1-866-201-4885
East Coast of Florida: There are available times at the Hard Rock Casino or the Florida Marlins Stadium periodically. You will need to call 786-629-5752 to make the appointment.
Testing sites in Collier County include: Advanced Medical Center (239-566-7676), Vava Clinic (239-331-8520), the Health Department (239-252-8200), EPN Urgent Care (239-775-2300), CVS (239-261-6444 and 239-775-5450), the VA Clinic (239-659-9188) and Pebblebrook Pharmacy (239-353-0800).
Updated NCH COVID information page: https://nchmd.org/news-and-events/newsroom/coronavirus
Paul Jones MD