I hope you are well.
110 million Americans have now received at least one dose and 63 million are now fully immunized. Attached is a chart from NCH showing the continued prevalence of the coronavirus. It appears that the “fourth wave” of COVID cases is being blunted by the vaccines and the deaths remain very low. This is all very good news. Now, every adult in Florida is eligible to get the vaccine, so, please sign up to get yours! Locally, hospitalized patient numbers remain low and cases in Collier are flat. As a result, I will start sending information only if there is something new to report. Stay well and, let’s keep it up so we end this pandemic!
Below are the options for vaccines available to adults:
- Walmart and Sam’s Club – www.walmart.com/COVIDvaccine and www.samsclub.com/covid (sites also in Lee County). Availability pending; visit websites to sign up for free guest accounts if needed and check for upcoming registrations.
- Winn-Dixie – www.winndixie.com/pharmacy/covid-vaccine. Collier location booked for first day, potential availability at other sites. Check website for details and future appointment notices.
- CVS– https://www.cvs.com/vaccine/intake/store/covid-screener/covid-qns
- Walgreen’s– https://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/covid-vaccine.jsp
- Publix – Register at https://www.publix.com/covid-vaccine
Other Vaccine Resources
Homebound seniors: Email Homeboundvaccine@em.myflorida.com with your full name and phone number, the Florida Division of Emergency Management will send someone to the home to give the vaccine.
Marco Island Vaccine Distribution: Full time and seasonal residents of Marco Island who are 65 and older can pre-register at any time by visiting marcoisland.typeform.com/to/dHSgaQze.
Florida State vaccine website link: https://myvaccine.fl.gov/
Collier County Appointments: Registration links
By phone: 1-866-201-4885
East Coast of Florida: There are available times at the Hard Rock Casino or the Florida Marlins Stadium periodically. You will need to call 786-629-5752 to make the appointment.
Veterans may call the following number for vaccination: 1-727-395-2400
Testing sites in Collier County include: Advanced Medical Center (239-566-7676), Vava Clinic (239-331-8520), the Health Department (239-252-8200), EPN Urgent Care (239-775-2300), CVS (239-261-6444 and 239-775-5450), the VA Clinic (239-659-9188) and Pebblebrook Pharmacy (239-353-0800).
Updated NCH COVID information page: https://nchmd.org/news-and-events/newsroom/coronavirus
Paul Jones MD